Fighting a Traffic Violation With a Criminal Defense Attorney in San Diego
Traffic violations and tickets are generally considered minor infractions of the law. However, in some cases, you may be charged with a misdemeanor or felony and you will want to work with a criminal defense attorney in San Diego. This is especially true if the traffic incident results in injury or property damage.
Types of Traffic Violations
There are many different types of traffic violations with varying degrees of penalties. Some common traffic violations where a criminal defense attorney in San Diego can help include:
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless and negligent driving
- Hit and run
- Driving without a license or insurance
- Erratic and unsafe driving
Being charged with a traffic violation can result in much more than a small fine or getting points to your driving record. Instead, you may need a criminal defense lawyer in San Diego to help keep you out of jail or to help ensure that your license is not revoked.
How a Criminal Defense Attorney in San Diego Can Help
There are many areas where a criminal defense lawyer in San Diego can help. Some areas where an experienced advocate may prove useful include:
- Advocate. You may end up in traffic court. In these cases, you will want a criminal defense attorney in San Diego on your side to present your case and fight for your rights.
- Paperwork. The Department of Motor Vehicles does not make anything easy. Your criminal defense attorney in San Diego can assist you in completing confusing forms and paperwork to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.
- Advice and Counsel. Some traffic crimes can have significant penalties such as with a drunk driving charge. In these cases, an experienced attorney can explain to you the procedures and options available to you. In addition, your attorney can deal with opposing counsel and correspondences with the court.
Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney in San Diego
If you have any questions about fighting a ticket or criminal traffic violation, contact criminal defense lawyer in San Diego James V. Hairgrove by calling 619-667-3743.