Traffic violations and tickets are generally considered minor infractions of the law. However, in some cases, you may be charged with a misdemeanor or felony, and you will want to work with a criminal defense attorney in San Diego. This is especially true if the traffic incident results in injury or property damage.
Types of Traffic Violations
There are many different types of traffic violations with varying degrees of penalties. Some common traffic violations where a criminal defense attorney in San Diego can help include:
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless and negligent driving
- Hit and run
- Driving without a license or insurance
- Erratic and unsafe driving
Being charged with a traffic violation can result in much more than a small fine or getting points to your driving record. Instead, you may need a criminal defense lawyer in San Diego to help keep you out of jail or to help ensure that your license is not revoked.
How We Can Help
Some areas where an experienced attorney may provide information include:
- Advocate: You may end up in traffic court. In these cases, you will want an experienced criminal defense attorney to present your case and fight for your rights.
- Paperwork: The Department of Motor Vehicles does not make anything easy. Our team of experienced attorneys can assist you in completing confusing forms and paperwork to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.
- Advice and Counsel: Some traffic crimes can have significant penalties, such as with a drunk driving charge. In these cases, an experienced attorney can explain to you the procedures and options available. Also, your attorney can deal with opposing counsel and correspondences with the court.
Contact California Law Centers
If you have any questions about fighting a ticket or criminal traffic violation, contact us at 888-368-2384.